- Clean your Cover packing
Safely unplug your rice cooker and open your lid to let it cool down. Once the inside lid area is cool enough to touch check your cover packing to see if there is any objects that are stuck to the lid and may have caused the leak. Make sure to clean your cover packing to get rid of any objects that may have interfered with the sealing of your lid.
- Replace your Cover Packing
Cuckoo Cover Packing's usually have a life expectancy of 1 yr. If your rice cooker uses DH Cover Packing then the life expectancy is usually 1½ yrs. If you see that your cover packing has a any serious tears or warping, stop using the rice cooker and replace your cover packing as soon as possible.
2. Why do I hear strange noises while my rice cooker is cooking and warming?
Please keep in mind that it is normal to hear a fan noise while the rice cooker is cooking and warming. This is due to the cooling system built into the rice cooker.
3. Why does my rice smell weird when I just cooked or warmed it?
If you've been using the multi-cooking method with your rice cooker for cooking stews or soups, it will most likely cause an odor from the previous cooked dish. In order to resolve this odor, fill your pot with a quarter of clean water and 1 spoon of vinegar and set it to cook in your rice cooker for 30minutes. This process will clear the ventilations of your rice cooker through fumigation.
After the 30 minutes removes the pot and clean the inner pot of the rice cooker.
4. Why does my rice look uncooked or over-cooked?
1. If your rice seems either uncooked or over-cooked, it might be due to the fact that you used either too little water or too much to cook your rice. Please check the water meter on the pot as a reference for how much water to use according to the amount of rice you want to make.
2. Another reason for this problem may be that you chose the wrong cooking settings. Please check your manual for reference to the correct cooking settings.
3. Also, there are 3 stages to cooking rice: Step 1: Cooking stage, Step 2: Settling stage, and Step 3: Warming stage.
If you open your rice cooker during either Step 1 or Step 2 your rice will not be fully cooked or will come out mushy. Please make sure to wait until it reaches the warming stage to enjoy a fully cooked and tasteful rice.